Positivity Featured Book
The Energy Bus for Kids: A Story About Staying Positive and Overcoming Challenges
by Jon Gordon, illustrated by Korey Scott
The Energy Bus For Kids presents five rules for the Ride of Your Life Teaches kids how to fuel your ride with positive energy Shares with kids how to love the people you share your journey with and how to enjoy the ride Positive kids become positive adults. So get kids on the Energy Bus and infuse their lives with a newfound vision, attitude, and positivity.
After reading the story to the class, process it with these or similar questions:
- Did you like the story of Nothing in Common?
- Did that book make you feel good?
- Have you ever had a morning like George had in the beginning of the book?
- What was the new bus driver’s name? (Joy) Do you think that name was on purpose?
- Rule #1 is Create a Positive Vision. George drew pictures of an A on his spelling test. Did he have a great day? (No) What did Joy tell him? (That’s why there is rule #2)
- Rule #2 is Fuel Your Ride with Positive Energy. What fuels the ride? (Smiles, laughter, gratitude, trust, faith, joy, happy thoughts and beliefs)
- The next day George was positive going into school but he still didn’t have a good day. What happened to him? (Bullies) What was the next rule that Joy told him about? (Rule #3 No Bullies Allowed)
- What did she say to do when you are bullied? (don’t let them drain your positive energy) She gave him a plan. What was it? (avoid, tell them to stop, tell an adult)
- What picture did George have in his head with the Bullies were teasing him. (shutting the door of the bus and not letting them on)
- Rule #4 is Love Your Passengers. Who are your passengers? (fellow students, friends, teachers, siblings, family, all the people you see)
- When George got off the bus that day, he showed love to the passengers in his house. How can you show love to your passengers?
- Rule #5 is Enjoy the Ride. Do you think life is more fun when you enjoy the ride?
- The next time you face a challenge will you remember the Energy Bus and be more positive?For more activities for this book go to www.EnergyBusKids.com
Click here to find the full list of books on Positivity on our Goodreads shelf!