Respect Reading List
Click here to find the full list of Books on Respect on our Goodreads shelf!
A Little Respectful Spot: A Story About Respecting People, Places and Things
Written and illustrated by Diane Alber
What does it mean to be RESPECTFUL? Being RESPECTFUL tells people you not only care about them but you also care about yourself too! Join a cute little yellow SPOT as he shows all the different ways to be respectful to people, places and things. With fun illustrations your child will be able to see actual scenarios that your child is in everyday! From being polite, to respecting personal space and property, your child will have a clear understand of what it means to be respectful and why it’s so important.
After reading the story to the class, process it with these or similar questions:
- Did you like the story?
- Did you know that you can respect more than people?
- Did you know that you can respect yourself?
- Can you name some of the ways you can respect things in the classroom? (even if they weren’t in the book)
- Can you name some of the ways you can respect places in the school building? (even if they weren’t in the book)
- Can you name some of the ways you can respect people in the school building? (even if they weren’t in the book)
- Will you remember Respectful Spot when dealing with people, places and things?For a read aloud of the book visit YouTube.
Previous Education Posts:
Do you have any favorite books about Respect? Share them below!