House of Cards
Have students bring in packs of cards from home and try it out in the classroom. Divide into small groups and let each group build a house. For instructions and tips on the different ways to build a card house visit: Build a House of Cards. If the card structure falls, be encouraging. Perhaps using the other method for stacking will work better? https://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-House-of-Cards.
To process this activity, ask these questions:
- Did you like building a card tower?
- How tall did the house of cards get?
- How many times did they have to start over because someone wasn’t being diligent?
- Did you step back at any time and view your progress?
- The next time you have a repetitive job to do will you remember the slow progress of a house of cards?