Enthusiasm Reading List
Ripple’s Effect by Shawn Achor and Amy Blankson, illustrated by CeciliaRebora
From Goodreads: “It takes big actions to make big changes. Or does it? In Ripple’s Effect, residents of an aquarium learn that sometimes a smile is all it takes to make a world of difference. Awash with charming illustrations, this delightful tale will show children that happiness is a choice they get to make for themselves.”
After reading the story to the class, process it with these or similar questions:
- Did you like the story of Ripple?
- Do you think Ripple could have been happy in a pool where he couldn’t express his happiness and be enthusiastic?
- Do you think Snark was happy being sad all the time?
- What is a ripple? Do you think enthusiasm can ripple like that?
- The next time you meet a sad person, do you think you remember Ripple and share your enthusiasm?
Click here to find the full list of books on Enthusiasm on our Goodreads shelf!
Previous Education Posts:
Do you have any favorite books about Tolerance? Share them below!