Flexibility In Faith
Adjusting to change with a good attitude
To practice Flexibility, I will:
- not get upset when plans change
- accepting the things I cannot change
- be open to new and different experiences
- learn from my mistakes
- anticipate and prepare for change
Flexible for God
Our faith requires us to be flexible and react the way God wants us to react. Many times we get comfortable in where we are with our faith, and then God calls us to love a little bit more or a little bit deeper. Sometimes we get stubborn and want to stay where we are comfortable. God calls us to think and act creatively and flexibly to accomplish our mission. Changes in life are inevitable, and we need to stay flexible but focused on the mission of the Church. We need to embrace change, knowing we have a firm foundation in our faith. Each time we resist change, we miss an opportunity to grow our faith.
This month, identify something from God you have resisted and give flexibility a try.
The Links below will take you to Resources you can use in a Christian Faith Based setting
to encourage the Character Quality of Flexibility.
Our other Pillars have resources that can be adapted for use in a Christian setting.
Visit Flexibility in School:
No Matter How You Say It
Visit Flexibility in Business:
Power Up with Character
Adult Business Books
Visit Flexibility in the Community:
Character All Month Calendar
Character Holiday Activities
Family Activity (with a printable for sending home to parents)
Archived Faith Resources
- Flexibility Mary, Mother Of Jesus
- When Flexibility Is More Important Than Discipline
- Andrea’s Expectations
- Andrea’s Expectations Flexibility In Chinese And In English
- Circle The Park A Different Way
- Jimmy Carter, Like Him Or Not, He’s Flexible
- Frederick Douglass
- Ken, The Guru
- “My policy Is To Have No Policy”
- Genghis Kahn
- Frederick Douglass – Long Version
- Alexander Hamilton and James Madison
- Sir James Young Simpson, Physician
- Jesus’ Flexibility
- Paul and The Macedonian Call
- Mary, The Mother Of Jesus
- Joseph, The Husband Of Mary
Children and Family Resources
- Be Flexible, But Know Where To Draw The Line
- Flexibility For Life’s Journeys
- Life Changes, Be Flexible
- Cure For The Resistant Spirit
- Steps Of Application
- Flexibility Is Stretching Our Faith
- This Past Week Were You….
- Has Your Faith Been Stretched?
- Examples of Flexibility In the Scriptures
- Is Your Life An Example of Flexibility?
- How Does Flexibility Relate To Service?
- Does Flexibility Relate To Service?
- Benefits To God (Abbreviated)
- Benefits To Others (Abbreviated)
- Benefits To The Christian (Abbreviated)
- Benefits To God (Expanded)
- Benefits To Others (Expanded)
- Benefits To The Christian – I (Expanded)
- Benefits To The Christian – II (Expanded)