Loving the quote images? Follow us on Instagram for more like them throughout the month!
“Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness.”
-Edwin Louis Cole
“Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart the center of self-respect and human dignity. It is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it-and it is a force very sensitive to betrayal.”
“When you eat fruit, think of the person who planted the tree.”
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
—William Arthur Ward
“Without trust, there can be no loyalty – and without loyalty, there can be no true growth.”
– Fred Reichheld
“Loyalty is what makes us trust, Trust is what makes us stay, Staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope.”
– Glenn van Dekken
“As I’m getting older, I’m really learning unconditional love and loyalty are extremely important.”
– Bindi Irwin
“There’s always a way – if you’re committed.”
– Tony Robbins
“Exceeding expectations is where satisfaction ends and loyalty begins.”
– Ron Kaufman
“The first step in the evolution of ethics is a sense of solidarity with other human beings.”
– Albert Schweitzer
“We have to recognise that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.”
– Cornel West
“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
– Oprah Winfrey
“I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief.”
“Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.”
“It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.”
“You’ve got to give loyalty down, if you want loyalty up.”
“Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.”
“Leaders are leaders only as long as they have the respect and loyalty of their followers.”
“An ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.”
“Loyalty is the strongest glue which makes a relationship last for a lifetime.”
“Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.”
“So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.”
– Haniel Long
“Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life.”
“Loyalty that is bought with money may be overcome by money.”
“Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
– Alfred Armand Montapert
“There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.”
– Jennifer Aniston
“Talk to people in their own language. If you do it well, they’ll say, ‘He said exactly what I was thinking.’ And when they begin to respect you, they’ll follow you to the death.”
“The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.”
“Repeat business or behavior can be bribed. Loyalty has to be earned.”
“Loyalty demands participation, the rest is simply wishful thinking.”
“You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.”
“I think the greatest of all human virtues is loyalty. It embraces all the best of the human character: courage, faith, love and charity.”
“You cannot buy loyalty; you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.”
– Clarence Francis
“There is one element that is worth its weight in gold and that is loyalty. It will cover a multitude of weaknesses.”
– Philip Armour
“One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.”
“I’ll take 50% efficiency to get 100% loyalty.”
– Samuel Goldwin
“Loyalty means sticking with people you love through hard times. It doesn’t mean giving someone a license to treat you like nothing and you’ll stick around no matter what. Big difference.”
– Doe Zantamata
“Leadership is a two-way street, loyalty up and loyalty down.”
– Grace Murray Hopper
“Where there is loyalty, weapons are of no use.”
– Paulo Coelho
How can you use Quotes?
- Start a discussion: Quotes can start a discussion about a character trait at the beginning of a meeting or the dinner table. You can ask questions about what it means, how they have seen the trait demonstrated in their own lives, or how they can develop it themselves.
- Provide a model: Quotes can provide a model of good character. When you read a quote from a famous person or historical figure, you show that people they admire also value the same character traits.
- Use quotes as writing/journal prompts: Ask them to write a short essay about a quote to help them think more deeply about its implications for their lives.
- Post quotes: You can post quotes where they will be seen/heard often – classroom, breakroom, lobby, dining room, email signatures, video bulletin boards, morning announcements, social media, etc.
- Read quotes aloud: You can read quotes aloud to your children during mealtimes, bedtime, or any other time you spend together.
- Make it fun: You can make it even more fun by incorporating games, activities, or crafts. Let children decorate signs with the quotes to hang in the classroom or a bedroom door. Record children saying it and post it on social media.