Love the quote images you see below? Follow us on Instagram for more like them throughout the month!
“The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm.”
“When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it.”
-W. Clement Stone
“Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas.”
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
“Fires can’t be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns even labor into pleasant tasks.”
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” ”
-Hunter S. Thompson
“I have a dream!”
-Martin Luther King
“Every great and commanding moment in the annals of the world is the triumph of some enthusiasm.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
“I want to preach, not the doctrine of ignoble ease, but the doctrine of the strenuous life.”
“Enthusiasm moves the world.”
-Arthur James Balfour
“I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together.”
-Queen Elizabeth II
“When you awaken love and laughter in your life, your mind lets go of fear and anxiety, and your happy spirit becomes the healing balm that transforms every aspect of your human experience.”
“Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.”
-Henry Ward Beecher
“The real secret of success is enthusiasm”
“If you aren’t fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.”
“There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.”
-Norman Vincent Peale
“A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.”
-Mary Kay Ash
“Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.”
“A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm.”
“Enthusiasm is not the same as just being excited. One gets excited about going on a roller coaster. One becomes enthusiastic about creating and building a roller coaster.”
How can you use Quotes?
- Start a discussion: Quotes can start a discussion about a character trait at the beginning of a meeting or the dinner table. You can ask questions about what it means, how they have seen the trait demonstrated in their own lives, or how they can develop it themselves.
- Provide a model: Quotes can provide a model of good character. When you read a quote from a famous person or historical figure, you show that people they admire also value the same character traits.
- Use quotes as writing/journal prompts: Ask them to write a short essay about a quote to help them think more deeply about its implications for their lives.
- Post quotes: You can post quotes where they will be seen/heard often – classroom, breakroom, lobby, dining room, email signatures, video bulletin boards, morning announcements, social media, etc.
- Read quotes aloud: You can read quotes aloud to your children during mealtimes, bedtime, or any other time you spend together.
- Make it fun: You can make it even more fun by incorporating games, activities, or crafts. Let children decorate signs with the quotes to hang in the classroom or a bedroom door. Record children saying it and post it on social media.