Loving the quote images? Follow us on Instagram for more like them throughout the month!
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
“Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.”
-Roy T. Bennett
“No Matter how Difficult Life May Seem, There is Always Something you can do and Succeed at.”
“Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come. It will.”
-Norman Vincent Peale
“When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.”
“You sometimes lose by taking risks, but you always lose by holding back.”
“Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”
“It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.”
“Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.”
“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.”
“Education breeds confidence.”
“I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”
“It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.”
“Magic is believing in yourself. If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
“Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.”
“If my mind can conceive it, My heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it!”
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
“If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”
-Vincent Van Gogh
“If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.”
“Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.”
“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”
-Christian D. Larson
“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”
“If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.”
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”
-J. M. Barrie
“Envy comes from people’s ignorance of, or lack of belief in, their own gifts.”
“Be messy and complicated and afraid and show up anyways.”
-Glennon Doyle Melton
“If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.”
“Always be yourself–express yourself, have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”
“Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.”
How can you use Quotes?
- Start a discussion: Quotes can start a discussion about a character trait at the beginning of a meeting or the dinner table. You can ask questions about what it means, how they have seen the trait demonstrated in their own lives, or how they can develop it themselves.
- Provide a model: Quotes can provide a model of good character. When you read a quote from a famous person or historical figure, you show that people they admire also value the same character traits.
- Use quotes as writing/journal prompts: Ask them to write a short essay about a quote to help them think more deeply about its implications for their lives.
- Post quotes: You can post quotes where they will be seen/heard often – classroom, breakroom, lobby, dining room, email signatures, video bulletin boards, morning announcements, social media, etc.
- Read quotes aloud: You can read quotes aloud to your children during mealtimes, bedtime, or any other time you spend together.
- Make it fun: You can make it even more fun by incorporating games, activities, or crafts. Let children decorate signs with the quotes to hang in the classroom or a bedroom door. Record children saying it and post it on social media.