Forgiveness is strengthened by:
- Compassion by letting go of my pain.
- Alertness by being sensitive to the ways you have offended others, so you can improve your relationships.
- Loyalty because you are more likely to forgive those who have your loyalty.
- Courage because there is fear involved in letting go of a grudge.
- Decisiveness as it isn’t easy to decide to let go of a past or current hurt.
- Resilience so that you can bounce back after letting go of a resentment.
- Positivity by providing hope in the freedom that comes from releasing a grudge.
Forgiveness is a lot like:
Letting it Go