- Forgiveness by letting go of my pain.
- Generosity by giving to help others.
- Respect by treating those I am helping with honor and dignity.
- Sincerity by doing what is right to help others with transparent motives.
- Loyalty by demonstrating commitment to help others when they are hurting.
Compassion is strengthened by:
- Alertness by being aware of the hurts of others so I can respond appropriately
- Attentiveness by concentrating on the person who is hurting.
- Availability by being willing to change my schedule or priorities to meet a need.
- Courage to offer help because it is the right thing to do.
- Initiative by recognizing and doing what needs to be done to help someone else before I am asked.
Compassion is a lot like: