Generosity Reading List
Grandma Rose’s Magic by Linda Elovitz Marshall, illustrated A.G. Jatkowska
From Goodreads: “Every day Grandma Rose sews and every day she saves – for a set of beautiful dishes with pink and red roses and blue trim. And whenever she sews, something magical happens. A tale of generosity rewarded.“
Read the story to the class and then process it with these or similar questions:
- Did you like the story of Grandma Rose?
- Do you have anyone in your family that sews?
- For what was Grandma Rose saving?
- Have you ever saved up money for anything?
- What did Grandma Rose do with everything she made?
- Do you think she would have gotten to her goal faster if she hadn’t included the extra special things with the items she made?
- Why do you think she made the extra special items?
- How disappointed do you think she was when she couldn’t find the dishes she wanted?
- How happy do you think she was that the townspeople thanked her with the dishes she had wanted?
- Do you think she expected the townspeople to do that?
- How can you create magic the next time that you do something or give something to someone?
Click here to find the full list of books on Generosity on our Goodreads shelf!
Previous Education Posts:
Do you have any favorite books about Generosity? Share them below!