Generosity Reading List
Grandma Rose’s Magic by Linda Elovitz Marshall, illustrated A.G. Jatkowska
From Goodreads: “Every day Grandma Rose sews and every day she saves – for a set of beautiful dishes with pink and red roses and blue trim. And whenever she sews, something magical happens. A tale of generosity rewarded.“
Read the story to the class and then process it with these or similar questions:
- Did you like the story of Grandma Rose?
- Do you have anyone in your family that sews?
- For what was Grandma Rose saving?
- Have you ever saved up money for anything?
- What did Grandma Rose do with everything she made?
- Do you think she would have gotten to her goal faster if she hadn’t included the extra special things with the items she made?
- Why do you think she made the extra special items?
- How disappointed do you think she was when she couldn’t find the dishes she wanted?
- How happy do you think she was that the townspeople thanked her with the dishes she had wanted?
- Do you think she expected the townspeople to do that?
- How can you create magic the next time that you do something or give something to someone?