On October 21, 2021, we will gather to honor the 2021 Heroes of Character and celebrate the 20th (+1) Anniversary of the Character Council. These Heroes will be nominated by their peers as upstanding citizens and people of character, and represent the best of the Tri-State area. They will come from all over the region, from different backgrounds and walks of life. They are willing to do the right thing, no matter who is watching. They set an example of care and compassion in our communities. They may never have met before this event, but they are connected – by their character.
Scroll down to access the nomination forms for Hero of Character and Student Hero of Character!
**Statement on Gathering: At this time, we are planning to have another virtual celebration due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation. If our plans change, we will announce that as soon as we can safely do so. Thank you for your understanding.
**DEADLINE Wednesday, March 31, 2021**
Nominations from the City of Hamilton Area
If you are planning to nominate someone from the City of Hamilton area, the Hamilton City of Character Coalition will be reviewing your nomination based on their five qualities of Acceptance, Compassion, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. Links to their online nomination forms are below.
**The deadline for Hamilton City of Character nominations is April 9, 2021, at midnight.**
Hamilton Hero of Character Nominations
Click here to access the online nomination form for Adult Heroes of Character in the City of Hamilton.
Hamilton Student Hero of Character Nominations
Click here to access the online nomination form for Student (K-12)Heroes of Character in the City of Hamilton.
Tips for a GREAT Heroes of Character Nomination:
- The form requires contact information (phone, email, post address) for the nominee, nominee’s parents in the case of student nominations, and the nominator. Have these handy for an easy application!
- Obtain permission from the nominee or nominee’s parents before nominating them. Once we announce the Heroes this makes for a much smoother process.
- Ensure your statement of character connects with the Character Qualities. Need inspiration? Check out the page on All Character Qualities for the definitions of each.
- We are always humbled when we read the nominations we receive, but there are a lot of them! Please clearly illustrate the character quality(-ies) demonstrated on a regular basis by the individual you are nominating. This also helps with adapting the nominations into the programs, as each nominee and Hero will have a paragraph on their nomination.
- Watch the replay of the FAQ/Informational Session which will show you the best way to fill out the nomination form, so that your candidate has the best chance of being recognized for the Hero they are!
- And lastly, make sure you send it in on time! We will accept online entries until midnight on March 31, 2021. Mailed entries must have a postmark of March 31, 2021, or earlier.
Nominators will be informed ahead of the general public if their nominee is chosen as a Hero. Nominators will be given a chance to set up auxiliary honorary events for their nominees (for example, at a school assembly or all-staff meeting) with a Character Council representative. Nominators and Finalists receive deeply discounted admission to the Heroes of Character Celebration, and Heroes and Student Heroes of Character receive complimentary admission, as well as a select number of complimentary admissions.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 513-973-6984.
Need paper copies of the forms? Fill out the contact form below to be sent the printable versions of the applications.
*To clarify one point made in the presentation, we are happy to help honor your Hero, Student Hero, or Finalist outside of the Heroes of Character Celebration – however, this is in addition to, not instead of, their being honored at the Celebration in October.
The Character Council is accepting nominations from all over the Tri-State area. Committees in different communities will choose the Heroes from their area based on the nominations received before the deadline. Click below for the Adult Hero Nomination form and the Student Hero Nomination form.