Cooperation Reading List
by Suzanne Kaufman
Confiscated! is a hilarious tale of sibling conflict and cooperation between two dinosaur brothers that all kids will relate to.
When Mama hears Brooks and Mikey fighting over yet another toy, it gets CONFISCATED!
(In other words, taken away.)
It’s only when ALL the toys are confiscated that Brooks and Mikey finally learn how to work—and play—together nicely.
(But not before creating a whole heap of trouble . . . )
After reading the story to the class, process it with these or similar questions:
- Did you like that book?
- What does it mean to confiscate something?
- Why did Mama confiscate Brooks and Mikey’s toys?
- Have you ever had something taken away because you weren’t sharing or cooperating?
- Were Brooks and Mikey having fun when their toys were confiscated?
- Does that mean that fighting over toys isn’t fun?
- Why do you think they fought over their toys?
- Do you think playing nicely is the better way to play?
- Why do you think Mama was happy that the boys got the balloon out?
- Will you remember this story the next time you want to stop cooperating?
Click here to find the full list of books on Cooperation on our Goodreads shelf!